A Blog for Amy
Everyone else is welcome to read this, but I wanted to tell Amy about one of my classes. Here is a hint:

My class is on the history of women's education in America. On the front cover of this book (one of many for the course) is a pictue of Wellesley girls marching in a parade for the right to vote. Here is a close-up of the picture - you can see the Wellesley banner (sorry for the poor quality). The book, of course, looks extensively at Wellesley and features some nice pictures of the Wellesley cycling club from 1893 and the chemistry club. It should be a very interesting course. I also have a class on the use of the historical novel in the classoom; the required books for the class are: Johnny Tremain, Sounder, Island of the Blue Dolphins, Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry. Pretty great reading list for a graduate course; and if I have any problems with the material, I am pretty sure my 10 year old sister read all these books last year in 4th grade and can help me out! I also included a picture of our new chair from Crate and Barrel, which nicely complements the lamp and bookshelf to create a little "reading corner" in our living room. Amy, you are welcome to come read your AS Byatt or Kierekegaard in our new reading corner.


My class is on the history of women's education in America. On the front cover of this book (one of many for the course) is a pictue of Wellesley girls marching in a parade for the right to vote. Here is a close-up of the picture - you can see the Wellesley banner (sorry for the poor quality). The book, of course, looks extensively at Wellesley and features some nice pictures of the Wellesley cycling club from 1893 and the chemistry club. It should be a very interesting course. I also have a class on the use of the historical novel in the classoom; the required books for the class are: Johnny Tremain, Sounder, Island of the Blue Dolphins, Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry. Pretty great reading list for a graduate course; and if I have any problems with the material, I am pretty sure my 10 year old sister read all these books last year in 4th grade and can help me out! I also included a picture of our new chair from Crate and Barrel, which nicely complements the lamp and bookshelf to create a little "reading corner" in our living room. Amy, you are welcome to come read your AS Byatt or Kierekegaard in our new reading corner.

1 Comments:
The chair looks great. I'll definately have to come over and read in it. Also, if you'd like a field trip for your class, I'm sure I could arrange some sort of tour of Wellesley for you :).
By
Amy, at September 17, 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home