Nine to Five'n It
"My baby takes the morning train. She works from 9 'till 5 and then..."
It has been relatively easy for me to get used to my new last name. For one, I have been practicing my new signature since way before we got married (come on, who hasn't done that!?) For another thing, at work, I am Amy Langford. Few even know there ever was an Amy Low.
My cube: 1339D. There are 3 other little cubicles connected to mine, but only one is occupied - so it is nice and quiet.
My new theme song. Fact: I really do take the morning train. Fact: I work from 8:30 'till 5:30, but it's not as catchy as 9 'till 5.
I decided it is time that I post a little something about my job as I've been working there for over 2 months now. I am... ahem... the Boston Office Campus Recruiting Coordinator for Deloitte & Touche. It is a really awesome job to have coming right out of school - more like glorified party planning than anything, really. Basically, I help the Campus Recruiters find and attract the best of the best for the Deloitte organization. I do a lot of the behind the scenes work like managing paperwork, mailing out offer letters, corresponding with candidates, planning and tracking RSVP's for large events, printing out name tags, coordinating on-campus interviews and information sessions, etc. etc. We don't just hire for full-time positions. We also have internships and other smaller programs which we run, so there is stuff to do all year round. This summer, we will be taking our summer interns F1 racing, which I am totally stoked about.
Here are some pictures of my cubicle from different angles (I took them with my fancy new phone).
It has been relatively easy for me to get used to my new last name. For one, I have been practicing my new signature since way before we got married (come on, who hasn't done that!?) For another thing, at work, I am Amy Langford. Few even know there ever was an Amy Low.My cube: 1339D. There are 3 other little cubicles connected to mine, but only one is occupied - so it is nice and quiet.
I'm not very neat, but I'm not very messy either. I am pretty darn organized if I do say so.
After a few weeks of being in a bland grey-toned cube, I had to jazz it up with some color. Enter some Georia O'Keefe pictures I got from a calendar, a primary colored wooden robot toy, and some cards from Tailand. I also put up the sign like the one below: "You are the Face of Deloitte. " I made it because I had time during a rather boring conference call and because I needed a reminder that for many candidates, I really am the face of Deloitte, so I need to be a darn good one.




3 Comments:
Sweet calendar pages - I think some awesome people must have given you that. I am glad you are enjoying your job - maybe October will come around sooner than you think ;)
By
anna, at May 03, 2007
Josh and I got a real kick out of the your home made poster - pure genius. I'm excited to come hom in a couple of weeks and see all you guys. Love you.
By
Heather, at May 07, 2007
I think beng a party planner sounds like more fun than trying to take people's houses away from them! Your cubicle looks great too. I don't have lots of terrific pictures here but I do have a great sound system, and that helps keep me sane most days. Today Gary hired someone who will be starting the 1st of June. I am officially on my way out and pretty thrilled about that. If I was sticking around permanently, I'd definitely be motivated to add some colour to the office--you're my inspiration.
By
Wendie, at May 09, 2007
Post a Comment
<< Home