The G. Low Family Blog

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Wellesley Fall Welcome

This past Sunday, as is tradition, we had the ward come over to Wellesley after stake conference for our Wellesley Fall Welcome. In the past, the menu has included hot cider, crakers with cheese, and fruit. Of course, I've actually never been to the Wellesley Fall Welcome before as this is my first fall out here; I just heard about the typical menu from the other girls. Actually, I heard that last year's was the worst and that all they had was one wheel of Brie and some fruit from the dining hall. This year, we didn't do that. Instead, we had an amazing chiken noodle soup that Mom made (thank you, thank you, thank you Mom!), rolls, cold cider, and pie (pumpkin and caramel apple) with ice cream. The whole event turned out to be a great success - great food, great people, great ambiance. Here are some pictures that me friend took. Okay, so I'm having technical difficulties in posting the pictures, but I will when I can. Just picture this really awesome, sort of long, rectangular hall with off-white, slanty ceilings with amzing chandeliers (old-school, not all crystally) and dark wooden eaves (picture very gothic ones). Then imagine giant wooden birds on these eves that are holding other school's crests in their talons. Then picture lots of food and beautiful red and yellow flowers. Then... okay, you get the point.

We did such a great job, that one girl in the ward asked us to help her out with this music event at the church. I don't think that I will - I'm a little big-evented out. However, it is flattering that she would ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home