The Rain in Spain....
Most definately does not stay mainly in the plain. It rains just as much in the cities as in the countryside. So this past week, I was in Spain with the Wellesley College Choir for Spring Break. Basically, we had a really swell time. We spent a few days each in Madrid, Corboda, and Seville. I'll admit that I was a little worried about returning to Spain after our trip to Barcelona, but I was relieved to find that the Spaniards I met were very kind and didn't seem to mind my lack of Spanish. I guess Barcelona is just too close to France, so the French snobbery has rubbed off on them. The best part of the whole trip was probably just getting to see really interesting things and spend a lot of time with my choir friends. Here are some photos from the trip. Unfortunately, I didn't bring a camera of my own, so I'm using photos that my friends took. This also means that I'm at there mercy as to when they post the pictures online - so expect more Spain pictures in the future.
First city that we visited: Madrid. It is a beautiful city.

Me and my friends walking up to the Don Quixote statue.

Our first day in Madrid, after a long overnight plane ride where I didn't get much sleep, we went to the royal palace. After the tour, we were all teetering as we walked because we were so hungry and tired.

Our third day in Madrid, we rented a little boat in the park, which was quite fun.

Here I am relaxing while my friends/slaves are working hard.
First city that we visited: Madrid. It is a beautiful city.

Me and my friends walking up to the Don Quixote statue.

Our first day in Madrid, after a long overnight plane ride where I didn't get much sleep, we went to the royal palace. After the tour, we were all teetering as we walked because we were so hungry and tired.

Our third day in Madrid, we rented a little boat in the park, which was quite fun.

Here I am relaxing while my friends/slaves are working hard.

1 Comments:
I'm glad to hear the Spaniards were hospitable to you and your group. I love that you didn't bring your own camera. People mocked me for taking a little over a roll of film during my semester abroad. I just couldn't be bothered taking pictures everywhere.
Did you find any amazing hot chocolate while you were there? That's basically my main positive memory about Spain. Although, there was that time I was locked in the hotel bathroom for over a half an hour until Dad came back and told me the simple trick for opening the door . . .
By
Beth, at March 28, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home