The G. Low Family Blog

Monday, January 02, 2006

Not a white Christmas

Clarke and I were okay with sunshine instead of snow on Christmas. Here is a little update of the highlights of our California trip:

#1: Disneyland - December 23 - Happy Birthday to Anna! We had a blast at Disneyland and California Adventure. The best ride is soaring through California - Clarke and I recommend it to anyone. We finally talked my little sister into going on Space Mt. (she was a little scared) but she insisted on sitting with Clarke for all the scary rides, claiming that he is "the nice one." Clarke and Paige were also the only two that dared go on the CA adventure water log ride, because Lisa and I had enough sense to not want to be wet the rest of the night (which Clarke and Paige were). It was my best birthday yet, and Disneyland food was surprisingly accomodating to a Crohn's Disease diet.






#2: Seeing Clarke's Mission President and his wife - President and Sister Baugh. They live an hour from Mission Viejo. They had only good things to say about Clarke, confirming my good decision to marry him.




#3: Newport Beach Temple - Clarke, my mom and I did a session on Friday. It is a gorgeous temple inside and has a unique California style and matches Murray's description perfectly.



#4: Discovering I could 1) share clothes with my ten year old sister and 2) she can, very easily, pick me up. More of a highlight for everyone else, than for me. PS - it's Paige's brown skirt I'm wearing in the picture. (although I have gained some weight in California, Gordon. I'm winning.)

2 Comments:

  • Log rides are for suckers. Sounds like you two had a great holiday. Thanks for posting pictures. We didn't have snow up here either (although niether did we have sunshine). What's the point of living in Canada if you can't even enjoy the ambience of a white Christmas?

    By Blogger Beth, at January 03, 2006  

  • I'm not sure you're winning Anna. I think I've gained more weight than you!

    By Blogger Gordon, at January 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home