It's not a baby, but...
I feel sort of sheepish posting a blog entry that isn't about a baby, but I guess mom and dad are pretty thrilled that this isn't about a baby. So this last Saturday was the BYU vs. Utah Sate football game. BYU ended up killing Utah State and it was an awesome game. The most awesome part of the game, however was the fact that Karen and I got to fire George Q. For those not familiar with BYU traditions, after each touchdown and field goal, a cannon - not just any cannon, but a cannon named George Q - is fired in celebration. Following this explosion, members of the ROTC run out to the North end of the field and do as many push ups as BYU has points. So Karen and I were sitting on the Northeast corner of the stadium near the field. Karen convinced me that we should go ask what one had to do in order to fire the cannon. Upon asking the ROTC captain, he looked up at us and said "ok - you guys are the 4th touchdown". A couple minutes after the 3rd touchdown which was about 4 minutes into the 2nd half, Karen and I went down onto the field to wait to blow the cannon. However, the fourth touchdown didn't come until like 3 minutes until the game was over. It was AMAZING. Again, not as amazing as any of the babies born this past week, but still very exciting for us non-contributarians to society. (that's not a word). Here are some pictures to show you how close we were to the game for the entire second half. Amazing.

2 Comments:
I'm anxious to see the pictures, and yes it is just fine that you and Karen are NOT announcing babies.
By
cathyswendsen, at September 26, 2006
Wahoo! Lets hear it for firepower. You go girl(s)!
By
Laurie, at September 27, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home