Sophomore Life



Life as a sophomore is pretty fun so far. Classes are going well, and I just got back into BYU Jazz Voices. Hooray! I've also just declared my major as English - the grammar Nazi found her home, and there was much rejoicing in the land. My first few weeks have consisted of rockin' hard concerts, nerdly interactions with awkward RMs, and getting turned down from clubs - yeah; that all sounds a lot worse than it actually has been. So, rockin' hard concerts: I went to the Mae concert with Derrick Reynolds a couple of weeks ago and that was awesome. I got all punked out thanks to my roommates and fit right in with the really "alternative" people. It was actually an amazing concert, but no pictures unfortunately. Nerdly interactions with awkward RMs: I can't really give a specific example of this, it's just more my social life. The other night a bunch of guys in my ward found out I was 18, and I think it scared them silly - heh heh heh. Turned down from clubs: It's not so much a "club" as much as it is a big dance every Thursday night - 80's dancing in fact. So Karen and I got dressed up to the nines, and were all set to go. We drove to Salt Lake, but because Karen was a Canadian citizen, and didn't have her Canadian license (it's in the mail) we were turned away which was sad if only because our way cool outfits from DI went to waste. On the way back home we drove by Westminster College (Joe Riser) and have since talked to Joe. He's doing well. So here are some 80's pictures. I think had we been teenagers in the 80's, we would've been the coolest...not that we're not the coolest now...

5 Comments:
ggggreat pictures!
So fun to see you and Karen. Karen's make-up is awesome! All that time spent watching Carmody over the summer really paid off.
We're going to see BYU play BC this afternoon after a BIG tailgate party this morning out in Weston at the Stake Center (which Dad insists on calling "tail-gate-er). We had a big fancy dinner with Pres. and Sis. Samuelson last night with about 100 people. Fun to start a cocktail hour with a prayer! I told him that you had been a member of "Jazz Voices" for the past year and were singing with them again. He was properly impressed. (But I didn't get a chance to tell him about your upcoming concert.)
Here's a little "shout out" to Dad. Our alumni group over-bought tickets to the game and in the last 2 days he managed to sell 50 tickets! Wahoo!
By
Laurie, at September 16, 2006
Karen and Heather are truly 80's girls (as in, born in) but obviously they love the look, and the look loves them.
It's a weird feeling to find out about your daughter's life in the G. Low family blog, Karen.
By
cathyswendsen, at September 17, 2006
So hot right now. You two look faaabulous. Love the hair. Love it.
By
Laurie, at September 21, 2006
Oh, this is Amy posting, not Mom.
By
Laurie, at September 21, 2006
Karen, you look like "Fergie-Ferg"
By
Doge, at October 07, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home