The G. Low Family Blog

Monday, April 14, 2008

The picture says it all - thanks Clarke and Anna

Well, we've had a surprising and wonderful weekend. Gordon was called to be the Stake President of the Cambridge Stake on Saturday. We've hardly caught our breath since then. Really. But we've enjoyed a wonderful outpouring of the Spirit. Last night, after dinner with Elder Stevenson (we've figured that Dad is somehow related) - which Anna was inspired to offer to make and was absolutely perfect - when Gordon returned from driving him to his hotel, we sat in the living room (Clarke, Anna (and Audrey), Luke and Amy, and Gordon and I) and I really felt we were just basking in the spirit. We were reluctant to part company - and I can honestly it was one of the sweetest experiences of my life. I wish Beth, Morgan and Heather could have been with us. Dad and I bore our testimonies in both sessions of our Conference (we have a Spanish language group that met early in the day -about 600, and the rest of the Stake met in the afternoon - about 1500 yesterday we think). Elder L. Whitney Clayton, a newly called President of the Seventy set Dad apart in a beautiful blessing.

What made the afternoon truly memorable for some was the vomiting of the daughter of the 2nd Counsellor! She got sick at the end of the general Stake meeting (unfortunately at the back of the chapel) and then later again as the 1st Counsellor was being set apart. Someday they'll look back and laugh I'm sure - but everyone was patient, kind and appropriately sympathetic (even me, apparently it's easier for me to be sympathetic when it's somebody else's child). Wendie and others would (rightly) say that it was only my turn to tend to a vomiting child (I switched places with the mother so she could hear her husband's blessing).

All in all, a pretty eventful weekend.

4 Comments:

  • It sounds like you have a great weekend. I'm sorry we couldn't be there. Congratulations, Dad. I'm sure you will be a wonderful Stake president (and mom will be a great Stake President's wife). We love you.

    By Blogger Beth, at April 14, 2008  

  • Congratulations! I am sure you will do a great job and that it will be a wonderful experience for both you and Aunt Laurie. Was the sick daughter one of the Haight's daughters? I was thinking in the picture that one of your counsellors must be Michael Haight.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 17, 2008  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Janae, at April 28, 2008  

  • What a special weekend for you family. Congratulations. Elder Clayton also set a part my dad when he was called to the stake presidency. You must have enjoyed your time with both Elders.

    By Blogger Janae, at April 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home