The G. Low Family Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

So this last weekend I went down to Las Vegas with a bunch of friends for the BYU/UNLV football game. We ended up spending lots of time driving, minimal time on the strip (it's kind of gross), some time camping, a fair amount of time at the Hoover Dam, some meal time at In N' Out, and a small, but outrageously fun time cheering the Cougars to victory. I also ran into Amanda & David Laycock, wich was so random, but amazingly awesome to see family. I have officially dammaged my voice (for the first time ever from screaming), and have developed a bit of a cold from the lack of sleep - but it was so worth it! We drove down Friday afternoon, saw the stip that night, camped out at Lake Mead, played Saturday at the Hoover Dam, went to the game Saturday night and then drove home thorugh the night to arrive in Provo at 6am Sunday morning - it was a blast and a half. Here are some pictures you might enjoy. Love.


Just outside the Belatio on the strip


The real point of this picture is the AWESOME mullet in the background - I'm merely an excuse: we didn't want to expose our sneaky nature.


Lake Mead camping - everyone else was on like a bed rameumptum because they had huge air mattresses. I did not.


We went to the Hoover Dam, and made a lot of not very funny, very typical jokes about it.






GO COUGARS!


This was our celebration in the UNLV parking lot - we played the cougar fight song very loudly.


The drive home. This is NOT posed. "Smile" "NO!" - The Office.

2 Comments:

  • Great pics Heather. I can't wait to meet your friends this weekend.

    By Blogger Laurie, at October 16, 2007  

  • Sounds like a stinkin' fun time. I've never been to Vegas - only seen it from above - so I'm a bit jealous.

    By Blogger Amy, at October 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home