Happy Thanksgiving! I’m thankful for my sister, and my parents who pay for her to come out and visit me.




This last week has been absolutely insane, but this weekend totally made it ok. Amy has come out to visit me and we've been having an absolute BLAST! She gave the family seal of approval for Nigel, and we're getting married this Christmas so make sure you all keep your calendars open. On Saturday we went to Tucano's one of the most amazing restaurants EVER, and it was a ton of fun. Also exciting, Amy and I have (well I have and Amy is in the process) of getting her hair done at Paul Mitchell's school. Overall, I'm very pleased with the results. Yesterday we celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving (our apartment being 2.5 parts Canadian .5 part Texan. It actually turned out amazing. Karen rocked out that 7 lb. turkey, and I mastered the art of marshmallowed yams - delicious. We also had mash potatoes, stuffing, corn, and well, you can see it all on my plate here. It was sooo good. We had no pumpkin pie for desert, but we did have some cake. So much fun. So on this Canadian thanksgiving of days, I wanted to thank the parents for not only sending me to BYU, but sending Amy to BYU, and then taking her back, and then sending her back for visits. It's been really nice to have a bit of home. I love and miss you all. (Haven't I been such an awesome blogger lately! - perhaps an insight into my not so busy social life alas. Also, there is no Nigel, that was a joke. Sorry if my humour is not all that funny, or accessible.

5 Comments:
I love the picture of the food - and the placemat! It looks yummy. For Canadian Thanksgiving, Dad went golfing with John Wright, and I wrote an essay. Sounds like you had more fun than I did (though I am pretty pleased with my essay). You are a VERY good family blogger and I'm so glad to see pictures. In just 2 weeks we will all be together for Grant's blessing. (Is he ever growing!)
Oh, and for Thanksgiving we cooked a pie, made by the ward youth LAST YEAR and in our freezer ever since. I was about ready to throw it out, but Dad thought we should give it a try. It was great - Dad can personally tell you that almost 3/4 of it was delicious! (We had to take it to Clarke to get the last bit out of the house!)
By
Laurie, at October 10, 2006
Heather, I'm thankful for you and your wonderful posts of BYU life. Karen hasn't posted pictures so you give us more insight into what is going on than she does. Thanks for that and for being her pseudo/surrogate mother, kinda.
By
cathyswendsen, at October 10, 2006
Cute bangs Heather! I love them.
By
anna, at October 10, 2006
My goodness, I almost didn't finish the blog. I was ready to run and call your Mom to find out about Nigel but luckily I seldom run anywhere these days, so I did make it to the end of your blog first. Nice. Glad you're having such a good time at school and remembering your Canadian heritage. You had more turkey than I did, but I'll take care of that in November.
By
Wendie, at October 10, 2006
Cute bangs, Heather. You blog better than me by, like, a factor of 20. Happy Thanksgiving!
By
Beth, at October 10, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home